"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Famous People Who Have Failed

I have a quote by the late opera star, Beverly Sills (1929-2007), on a sticky-note that I keep within eyeshot while I'm in my office. It says...

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."

There's been millions of pages written about succeeding at what you do — however; just as there is a return on the right decisions you make, there is an equally important return on the wrong decisions you make. It's called - learning from our mistakes and hopefully, helping others avoid making the same mistakes we did.

Remember that everyone has failures in their lives, even those we might never think could fail, as evidenced by the video below.

And on those occasions when I feel like a bug on a windshield, I try to remember something my grandmother used to say -

"That which don't kill us, only makes us stronger."



[iamsbm]
Sharon Bray-McPherson

Jan Tallent & Sharon Bray-McPherson
JanRon Publishing Digital Products

Labels: ,


TwitThis

3 Comments:

At May 17, 2008 at 4:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

very poignant and very powerful...thanks Sharon.

 
At December 30, 2008 at 8:46 PM , Blogger Coach Eva said...

POWERFUL point well made!!

 
At December 30, 2008 at 9:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment Eva. I keep thinking of something Carrie Wilkerson (@barefoot_exec) says, "Fail fast and fail hard".

Speaking for myself, I know it has taken my failures to truly appreciate the successes.

Sharon McPherson
@SharonMcP

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Back to Blog's Homepage