"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."

Friday, March 28, 2008

Could Kunaki be the Solution to the eBay Digital Ban?

Well, the blogs and forums are buzzing with the unexpected news that after March 31, eBay will no longer allow the sale of digital products. And let me tell you, from what I've been reading, most folks are madder than a wet hen! I won't personally go into the injustice that this move is doing to hundreds of small businesses, you can read about it yourself be checking out the comments here.

While reading over eBay's new policies again and trying to think of some alternative that those who are affected by it can implement, I remembered a service that I had heard about several months ago but never really paid it much attention because it didn't fit in with JanRon's business model at that time.

One of the 'loopholes' if I may call it that, to eBay's new policy is that if the digital product you sell can be shipped to the customer in the form of a CD or DVD, you can continue business as usual. The problem that most digital product sellers face with this is, how to get their product on a CD or DVD, have it packaged, set up a method of taking orders and then shipping the product to the customer.

Enter... Kunaki. All of those problems that I just listed above, Kunaki will
handle them all for you - and get this, at a cost of ONLY $1.75 per unit!

kunaki


Since it's been several years ago that I last sold anything on eBay and I've not used Kunaki myself, I'm not quite sure how or if you can integrate the two together. But at a price of only $1.75 per item you can order copies to have on hand and ship them yourself.

Of course, you'll probably need to raise the price of your products to cover the cost of shipping, but think about this, a physical product has a higher perceived value than a product that's downloaded immediately, so your customers will expect the price to be a little higher and most won't mind paying it.

The only negative that I've heard anyone say about Kunaki is that you have to place each order manually and that you only get paid once a month as opposed to Clickbank's twice per month payment schedule. But, as is usually the case in online business, where there's a need for something better, there's a clever programmer waiting in the wings to create a piece of software to fill that need.

Such is the case with the CD + DVD Automator. What this simple little php script does, is automate your entire payment and order process with Kunaki
and sends your customer's payment to YOUR Paypal account - immediately. A sweet deal if you do decide to use Kunaki's service. Click here to see a video that shows the script in action.

Ok, hopefully Kunaki and the CD + DVD Automator will be a solution for saving your digital products business from eBay's constantly blowing winds - but - what if you don't already have your own digital products?

No problem. Now you can start your own audiobook publishing business and all the product creation, including websites and graphics, is done for you. And here's the best part - in the 6 months that JanRon Publishing has been using these products, all of them have been in non-marketing niches. That is, unless you want to include Basic Blogging - How To Get Started as a "marketing" product.

And did I mention that you can get a FREE audio business package right now?


[iamsbm]
Sharon Bray-McPherson


Jan Tallent & Sharon Bray-McPherson
JanRon Publishing Digital Products

You can include a link to your website in your comment and it WILL be followed.

Labels:


TwitThis

4 Comments:

At March 28, 2008 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

hi, Sharon

I have never tried the Kunaki program but even though the best part IS the making of cd's and mailing them FOR those of us who do sell hard copies of digitals, my idea is to use them to order the digitals I give as GIFTS and be able to present them with a professional look. My EX was the cd junkie as far as making endless covers and labels for them, I am more the Queen of magic markers, lol, but with this I can make copies of great gift cd's, like my Marketing Warrioress Cook Book without having to use OVER $1.75 for the ink and label and inserts to give it a great presentation!

thanks, Sharon!

 
At March 28, 2008 at 1:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aloha, Sharon & Jan:
This is pretty much my first personal blog post on any site. I'm still learning this blogging stuff.
I'm also a JRDC/Everyday Niches member & appreciate all your valuable PLR info, help, & exceptional member benefits.
Sharon, I think your ebay digital workaround idea is great & will work well. I've heard about Kunaki service too but never used it.
Jan, your suggestion for digital copies to CDs/DVDs is neat. Our family makes digital photo albums of many family activities. I store them on my local drives & upload to our Kodak Gallery website for photosharing with family & friends around the world. Kunaki service is a unique CD/DVD gift idea at a reasonable cost.
I think you both have the makings of two very good e-report or e-book ideas that many others could use.
This has been a long blog response for me, but fun. Thanks for all you do for internet newbie boomers like me.

 
At April 1, 2008 at 2:54 PM , Blogger JanRon Publishing said...

Best of luck with Kunaki partner. I'll be using it for our JanRon Media products as soon as possible.

And Martin, we are so glad you chose our blog to make your first personal blog post. Please feel free to do so often. It is comments from friends like you that lets us know the blog is worthwhile.

[iamsbm]
Sharon Bray-McPherson

 
At April 8, 2008 at 5:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was invited to join Chris Stamper's affiliate program for Clickbank Stampede and upon checking out the copy he sent me pre-launch, I even sent out my own solo to my Rim Digest eZine database for it and I think it might be what a LOT of people are looking for both to offset the loss of sales with eBay's new policy on digital downloads and to also help clickbank affiliates get the best out of their promotions.

go see it and see what you think:

ClickBank Stampede
.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Back to Blog's Homepage